NY-Alert is New York State’s Mass Notification System used to warn citizens of emergencies and critical information in a timely manner to help protect lives and keep New Yorkers safe. By signing up for NY-Alert, you can receive warnings and emergency information via the web, your cell phone, email and other technologies.
Receiving emergency information is an important step to being prepared. With NY-Alert, you’ll have the information you need to keep you and your family safe at your fingertips. There are several benefits with the NY-Alert system, including:
- You can customize the type of information you receive by choosing the alert type and the locations.
- You decide how you want to receive the alerts. You can receive alerts via email, text messaging, phone, and fax.
- You can change the types of alerts you are receiving or unsubscribe at any time by logging into your account.
- Alerts are timely, and often contain instructions and protective actions that you can take to keep safe in emergency situations.
- All areas of New York State are included in the NY-Alert System.
- It’s FREE to sign up and receive alerts.
Refer to this step-by-step process to setup a My.NY.Gov account for NY Alert:
- Fill out first name, last name and email address
- Create a MY NYID username
- Fill out your account information
- Verify that your information is correct
- You will receive an automatic email to verify your MY NYID account
- Click on the verification in the email
- Select three security questions
- Set your password
- Hit submit and your MY NYID account is active
- Accept the terms of service
- Connect to the NY Alert application and select types of alerts you want to receive
- Select your contact preferences to receive alerts
For a more detailed walkthrough, please see the full enrollment guides below.
Contact NY-Alert Support
Support hours are Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm