NY-Alert is a web based portal that allows state, county and local governments, emergency service agencies, colleges and universities, and private partners to provide emergency alert information and private notifications to a defined audience. NY-Alert warns citizens of New York State of critical information/emergencies and provides timely information to protect lives.
Sign up for NY-Alert today to receive real-time warnings and emergency information directly via phone call, email, text message or fax.
If you are a non-individual interested in using the NY Alert platform for either internal or public messaging, you can Register as an Entity with NY-Alert.
Receiving emergency information is an important step to being prepared. With NY-Alert, you’ll have the information you need to keep you and your family safe at your fingertips. There are several benefits with the NY-Alert system, including:
- You can customize the type of information you receive by choosing the alert type and the locations.
- You decide how you want to receive the alerts. You can receive alerts via email, text messaging, phone, and fax.
- You can change the types of alerts you are receiving or unsubscribe at any time by logging into your account.
- Alerts are timely, and often contain instructions and protective actions that you can take to keep safe in emergency situations.
- All areas of New York State are included in the NY-Alert System.
- It’s FREE to sign up and receive alerts.
The available types of Notifications are:
- AMBER & Missing Child/Adult Alerts - AMBER Alerts, Child Abductions, and Missing Adult and College Student Alerts
- Emergency Alerts - Emergency messages issued by the County Office of Emergency Management or Law Enforcement covering all types of hazardous conditions
- Severe Weather - Thunderstorms, Winter Weather Advisories, etc., issued by the National Weather Service.
- Transportation & TransAlerts - Transportation events including County and New York State Department of Transportation TransAlerts
- Press Release/Community Events and Notifications - Receive non-emergency information for your County including information about upcoming Community Events
- Public Health Alerts - Public alerts such as Boil Water Advisories and Flu Vaccine Clinics
- Earthquakes - USGS Earthquake Alerts impacting your area
- Marine Weather Alerts - Receive National Weather Service Marine forecasts including High Wind and Surf and Small Craft Advisories
- Sewage Discharge Notifications - Be informed when public waterways near you are impacted by untreated and partially treated sewage discharges
- Nuclear Power Plant Information - Alerts and Press Releases containing emergency information regarding the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant
- Sex Offender Re-location Alerts - Receive notice from the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services when a Registered Sex Offender moves into or out of an area you specify. You will be asked to select a radius from your location for these alerts
Contact NY-Alert Support
Support hours are Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm