NY-Alert is a web based portal that allows state, county and local governments,1 emergency service agencies, colleges and universities, and private partners to provide emergency alert information and private notifications to a defined audience. NY-Alert warns citizens of New York State Citizens of critical information/emergencies and provides timely information to protect lives.
Sign up for NY-Alert today to receive real-time warnings and emergency information directly via phone call, email, text message or fax.
The available types of Notifications are:
- AMBER & Missing Child/Adult Alerts - AMBER Alerts, Child Abductions, and Missing Adult and College Student Alerts
- Emergency Alerts - Emergency messages issued by the County Office of Emergency Management or Law Enforcement covering all types of hazardous conditions
- Severe Weather - Thunderstorms, Winter Weather Advisories, etc., issued by the National Weather Service.
- Transportation & TransAlerts - Transportation events including County and New York State Department of Transportation TransAlerts
- Press Release/Community Events and Notifications - Receive non-emergency information for your County including information about upcoming Community Events
- Public Health Alerts - Public alerts such as Boil Water Advisories and Flu Vaccine Clinics
- Earthquakes - USGS Earthquake Alerts impacting your area
- Marine Weather Alerts - Receive National Weather Service Marine forecasts including High Wind and Surf and Small Craft Advisories
- Sewage Discharge Notifications - Be informed when public waterways near you are impacted by untreated and partially treated sewage discharges
- Nuclear Power Plant Information - Alerts and Press Releases containing emergency information regarding the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant
- Sex Offender Re-location Alerts - Receive notice from the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services when a Registered Sex Offender moves into or out of an area you specify. You will be asked to select a radius from your location for these alerts
Contact NY-Alert Support
Support hours are Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm